[Koha] Help with MarcEdit Delimited Text Translator

Christine Othitis cothitis at telus.net
Sat Aug 6 15:45:00 NZST 2011

Hi group,

I am volunteering with a non-profit organization who has decided to use Koha
to catalogue their collection. It exists as an Excel spreadsheet.

Nicole, on this list, pointed me to these instructions for translating the
Excel file:

http://manual.koha-community.org/3.4/en/marceditexcel.html

I thought I made the MARC file correctly, but when I tried to import it into
Koha, I received an error that said something to the effect of 0 records
were imported, records don't exist.

I am looking at the tutorial again and I don't think I mapped the fields
correctly as demonstrated in the tutorial.

The spreadsheet contains these fields:

Flag

Title/Description

Author(s)/Editor/Curator

Artists Involved

Pub. Year

Gallery

Category

Location

Notes

Borrowed

Do I need to change the column headings to something else? And if so, what
would the map to text be? I went to the LOC website, but I can't understand
it :\

Thanks,

Christine