[Koha] Integrating Vision AI / GPT for cataloging in Koha

Arthur Suzuki arthur.suzuki at biblibre.com
Tue Sep 24 00:20:07 NZST 2024

Hello Karam,
I would be interested to get more details from your project, or make
some tests of your tool.
Since you don't share the sources *yet*, is there anyway to try out your
tool? maybe available as a website or as a pre-compiled binary?
I've also seen you use OpenAI or Gemini, but you also mentionned some
vector store, does it mean a company would need to host a vector store
to make it working?
Or can it work with only OpenAI paid account?
What about compatibility with other MARC formats? I'm thinking about
Unimarc.
Best,
Arthur

On 2024-09-19 19:35, Karam Qubsi wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> can you share more details about your project?
>
> At the moment the project is a tool required for a research paper I was
> invited to participate in with librarians in the University of Nizwa
> library ( Oman),
>
> This tool is a must for this research, to have better integration
> between
> AI and the Library system there (koha) and gauge cataloging stats
> before
> and after and evaluate AI benefits to cataloging in both quantity and
> quality.
>
> The project is not sponsored by the library or the university , it is
> just
> volunteer work from me so far, to build this tool, I found it
> interesting
> and enjoyable.
>
> Is it open source project?
>

> I love opensource, but unfortunately, it is not open source, or *at
> least
> not yet*,
>
> but anyway at this phase as it is still in development I'm not going to
> charge anything, so totally free to try it, if any library here would
> like
> to try this using their own openai key / or gemini key,( you can get
> free
> credits from both ) then I will be happy to help to integrate this tool
> with their library. ( get in touch if interested ).
>
> Finally* I may make it open source* if proper support is provided, like
> if
> some company would like to support making this opensource by hiring me
> work on it as an open source project šŸ˜‰, or if a library or few
> libraries
> can sponsor the project, I will be more than happy to make it open
> source
> then,
>
> If not then the project will need a way to support itself and to
> sustain
> and grow,
>
>  Is it possible to test it in my natural language?
>

> Yes, as mentioned if you are interested, I'll get in touch with you
> within
> a few days, so you can try it with your own Koha system. I will host it
> somewhere first so you and other libraries can try it.
>
> Thank you.
>

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2024 at 11:06ā€ÆPM Mike D. <black23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> can you share more details about your project? Is it open source
>> project?
>> Is it possible to test it in my natural language?
>>
>> Thank you. Regards
>>
>> Michal
>>
>> čt 19. 9. 2024 v 15:15 odesƭlatel Karam Qubsi <karamqubsi at gmail.com>
>> napsal:
>>
>>> Hello Koha community,
>>>
>>> Iā€™ve been working on a side project experimenting with AI, and Iā€™ve
>>> built
> [...]

Arthur Suzuki, šŸŒˆšŸ”ļø
DĆ©veloppeur @BibLibre