[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Remove Not For Loan / Available distinctions

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Wed Oct 16 08:47:55 NZDT 2019

Hi, Elaine--

We're in a similar situation--all our items are available for use in our
Reading Room, and a select few are eligible for interlibrary loan or our
staff might check them out.  So I recently suppressed that "status" from
displaying in the OPAC via:

Home > Administration > Columns settings
OPAC
OPAC table, biblio detail
 item_status (check in the box to make it hidden by default)

If something's checked out, a due date still displays, e.g.:
https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=13857
<https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=13857>

Maybe worth trying?  Or maybe you've already tried this?

Hope this is helpful!
--h2
Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Library catalog: http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/