[Koha] Static and calculated fields in new authorities not shown until you click on them

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Tue Oct 16 03:09:59 NZDT 2018

Hi Theodoros,

What I usually do is put default information in the field in the MARC
framework.

I'll do the example for 003, but it would work with any field (maybe not
005 though).

1- Go in Administration > MARC bibliographic framework (for
bibliographic records) or Administration > Authority types (for
authority records)

2- Next to the framework you want to change, click on "Action" and
choose "MARC structure"

3- Next to the 003 field, click on "Action" and choose "Subfields"

4- Click on "Edit"

5- Click on "Advanced constraints"

6- In "Default value", enter the value you want filled in by default

7- Click on "Save changes"

Also check the following system preferences:

-  DefaultCountryField008

-  DefaultLanguageField008

-  MARCOrgCode

-  MARCAuthorityControlField008

I hope this helps,

Caroline

Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.L.I.S.
Librarian / Head of Training and Support

Tel.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com <mailto:caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>