[Koha] Static and calculated fields in new authorities not shown until you click on them

Theodoros Theodoropoulos theod at physics.auth.gr
Tue Oct 16 23:23:30 NZDT 2018

Thank you Caroline for your suggestions.

The 'default value' in the Marc/Authority framework is indeed a useful
workaround that could work for a few fields that require 'static' input
(ie 000, 003, 040).

For other, more 'dynamic' fields, that incorporate the current date
(like 005, or even control field 008 that has the creation date in the
first 6 digits), having a default value is not the optimal way to deal
with them. This is why I was suggesting a tweak (ie a Javascript
snippet?) that would prefill the required fields with the data that
would otherwise appear there after clicking on them, but without the click.

Does this sounds useful, interesting and doable?

Best regards,
Theodoros