[Koha] Static and calculated fields in new authorities not shown until you click on them

Theodoros Theodoropoulos theod at physics.auth.gr
Tue Oct 16 00:19:19 NZDT 2018

Dear all,

We're using Koha 17.11.06 (USMarc) and our cataloguers have the
following request:

When creating a new authority, some static fields [like Control Number
Idenifier (003)] as well as some 00x fields that are calculated
on-the-fly [like Leader(000), Date and time of last transaction (005),
Fixed length data elements (008), etc] are not shown until you click on
them. I have created a short video to demonstrate this:
https://imgur.com/a/dRDhFKr

Although this has always been the default behaviour for new bibs, I
vaguely remember that the authority fields where shown prefilled by
default in old 3.x Koha versions.

So, our cataloguers asked if there is an easy way (ie a javascript
snippet) to have all required (static and dynamically calculated) fields
prefilled and shown by default when creating a new authority (and
biblio) because it save them a few 'unnecessary' clicks.

Also, this is the default behavior for advanced editor. Maybe you could
consider making this the default behavior for the 'classic'
biblio/authority editor as well?

If you think any of the above requests is valid (and does not conflict
with general directions/best practices you might have set), I could
create an enhancement request in BZ case to better keep track of it.

Best regards,
Theodoros Theodoropoulos