[Koha] Troubleshooting Z39.50 access

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Tue May 10 11:29:13 NZST 2016

Hello.

New Koha user here and attempting to configure Z39.50 for external
libraries to harvest records.

I've configured the server directive and server info blocks which I've
shared in the following gist.

https://gist.github.com/minorscience/d92d40f077b830c5985eed116d81b2f4

Not sure what else need to done besides bouncing the Zebra server.

Any attempt to connect on the local network or outside network returns:

Connecting...error = System (lower-layer) error

Zebra is running and the assigned port is open.

Any ideas? I'm a little familiar with yaz but haven't used it much in a
Koha context.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Loeffler
Technology Consultant
Minor Science | Application Development & Metadata Strategy
Brooklyn, New York
jason at minorscience.com
(347) 405-0826
minorscience (Skype)