[Koha] Replace all existing call numbers with LoC

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Thu Mar 24 10:38:56 NZDT 2016

Hi, Daniel--

Although it's common for others systems to be able to copy LC call number
information from a bib record 050 or 090 field for display, even pull or
copy from those bib fields into item records, Koha doesn't do that, and the
displayed call number is from the item record (stored in a 952 field,
subfield o, i.e., letter "o").  This is also the field that is searched on
in call number searches, so be sure it's formatted correctly for searching,
sorting, etc.  I'm not familiar with replacing records via Z39.50 (we use
OCLC & export records), so I'm not sure if there's a way to overlay the
call number in the item record via that process--perhaps someone else can
let you know!

I hope this helps!  Cheerio,
h2
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm