[Koha] Please - a little bit more help

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Sat Jun 21 17:49:03 NZST 2014

I've been battling a corrupted koha instance for awhile now.  The first time that I realized that something was wrong was when I could no longer do a backup.  Everytime the koha backup got the the biblioitems table, there would be an error 2013 Lost connection to server.

Thanks to your help and the mysql board I built another table (like bibloitems).  Found out that the engine was innodb and set the engine on the new table.  I very carefully copied the records until I found out which one was bad and I skipped it.   I then renamed this new table to biblioitems.

After the koha biblioitems was fixed, I did a dump and then I imported the dump back into the database to fix any tables that might also have issues.  I ran a mysqlcheck on koha and all the tables came back OK.

Everything is working great, but the cataloger called me and said that when she adds a new record, the item can not be checked out by barcode.  She also said that before you could not "duplicate" a bar code or you would get a warning.

At this point, I am at a lost on how to fix this issue, I've loaded MYSQLWorkBench on a computer so I can look at the data but I can't understand why the cataloger can enter a new record, search on the record, but the item can not be checked out via its barcode.

If you could please please, give me a push in the right direction on how to resolve this issue, I would be forever grateful.  Some of my thoughts to repair this issue would be:

1.  Install the current version of Koha being used to a new server and then import the dump file in hopes that this issue is koha itself and not the data.

2. Upgrade to 3.2 on a new server and try to import the data.

3. Try to reinstall 3.00.00.107 over the old installation and then import the data.

4.  Install the latest version of Koha to a new server and then pay somone to covert the data to the new version of Koha.
(If you know of anyone who does the conversions, please let me know as I don't know enough about the data to convert it).

Thank you so much for any suggestion or help.  I've also posted this email on the forum so that other could benefit from the answer.

Phillip