[Koha] Error while Installing Koha on Debian Wheezy

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 02:08:54 NZST 2013

Greetings,

> My sources.lst file is:
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-freedeb
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-freedeb
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-freedeb
> http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-freedeb
> http://debian.koha-community.org/koha squeeze main

First, that's not the recommended way of adding the koha repository:

    $ echo deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha squeeze main | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
    $ wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo apt-key
add -

Note, it is not in the sources.list file. Touching the sources.list directly
can be bad if mistakes are made. What is there should work, so stop touching
your sources.list file. If you did the two commands above, in which case
delete the repo line for the koha repo from your sources.list file. :)

Generally, the koha package should not be used

    $ sudo apt-get remove koha

Next, the apt-get commands for installing koha are generally more like:

    $ sudo apt-get update
    $ sudo apt-get upgrade
    $ sudo apt-get clean
    $ sudo apt-get install koha-common

If you continue to have dependency problems, I would suggest:

    $ sudo apt-get install koha-deps koha-perldeps

Koha works just fine on Wheezy, even though the repo is called Squeeze. I
hope this is more helpful than confusing.

And for reference: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian

GPML,
Mark Tompsett