[Koha] Error while Installing Koha on Debian Wheezy

kaushik.sus kaushik.sus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 01:29:59 NZST 2013

Hi all,I am trying to install Koha on Debian Wheezy.My sources.lst file
is:deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-freedeb
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-freedeb
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-freedeb
http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-freedeb
http://debian.koha-community.org/koha squeeze mainI have added Debian
Squeeze repos based on what i read from this mailing list and was able to
install tinymce2.However, i am getting the following error:/# apt-get
install kohaThe following packages have unmet dependencies: koha : Depends:
koha-common but it is not going to be installed# apt-get install
koha-commonThe following packages have unmet dependencies: koha-common :
Depends: libnet-z3950-zoom-perl but it is not going to be installed# apt-get
install libnet-z3950-zoom-perlThe following packages have unmet
dependencies: libnet-z3950-zoom-perl : Depends: perlapi-5.10.1# apt-get
install perlapi-5.10.1Package perlapi-5.10.1 is a virtual package provided
by:  perl-base 5.10.1-17squeeze5 [Not candidate version]E: Package
'perlapi-5.10.1' has no installation candidate/Debian wheezy has perl-base
version 5.14.2-21. Looks like need to install an older version 5.10.1 for
Koha to work (?)How do i get koha to work on Debian Wheezy? or should i give
up and try installing it on Squeeze instead? :(Thanks,Sushil Kaushik