[Koha] koha daemon restart error

MARC FELIX billightness at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 04:11:13 NZST 2013

I am using debian 6 to run koha 3.12.4. I run this 'sudo ln -s /opt/app/bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon' to create a symbolic link
However when i run 'sudo update-rc.d koha-zebra-daemon defaults' i get the following message 'update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing'
and when i go ahead and restart the zebra daemon by running this command '/etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon restart' i get the following message.'Restarting the Zebra Server
daemon: fatal: failed to find pid for koha-zebra-ctl.koha: No such file or directory'

As a result my koha cannot search records even after i have indexed by running this command 'misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -z -b -a'

What could be the course of this?

Marc Felix

Librarian,
East African Informatics Ltd