[Koha] Analytics records import

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Oct 31 06:02:31 NZDT 2013

I don't think EasyAnalytics does anything when you're importing
records.  But we've had good success with linking between parent and
child records after importing them.

This is what we do:
We've linked ours using 773 and 774 in MARC21

Child = the analytical. Parent = the host .

The 773 field is created in each child record to link back to its parent.

    Note: The host item (773) field only displays and links in the  normal view.
It is visible as text in the ISBD view, and as raw MARC elsewhere.
________________________________
For parts of assemblages

First indicator = 0 (otherwise it won't display)
Subfield t = the title of the parent item.
Subfield o = the accession number of the parent item.
Subfield w = the control number (001) of the parent item.

For articles in books, journals or conference proceedings:

First indicator = 0 (otherwise it won't display)
Subfield t = the title of the parent item.
Subfield g = the  date (in brackets) and volume and page information
for the article.
Subfield o = the accession number of the parent item. (we use
accession numbers instead of bar codes)
Subfield w = the control number (001) of the parent item.

773 0# - HOST ITEM ENTRY

  t Title Play it like it is : fiddle and dance studies from around
the North Atlantic

  g Relationship information (2006), p. 94-101

  w Host Record control number 10626

  o Other item identifier 16085

774:
The Constituent unit field is found in the parent (host) record. It is
a repeatable field, each field lists one child (component) record.
subfield a = The main entry heading of the child item
subfield o =  The child record's control number (found in the 001 field)

Example:
774 ## - CONSTITUENT UNIT ENTRY

  a Main entry heading The queen and the mogul

  o Other item identifier S00910

(we only use 774 in the case of items bound together).

It works well for us. In fact we still create analyticals this way,
and it doesn't matter if you put in the child records or the parent
records first.
Before you import any records, check the settings of the 773 and 774
in the MARC framework. They may require some adjustments to link and
display properly. I can't recall what the default settings were for
them.
Elaine

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Martin Renvoize
<martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:
> That really depends upon how they're linked in ISIS.. if they are using
> standard 001 linking then koha will happily link upon import if you set
> 'UseControlNumber'.
>
> If they are not already linked that way, then you'll need to do a little
> more work. Someone else is probably better positioned to explain the
> syspref combinations than I am. (We only use 'UseControlNumber' and not
> EasyAnalytics)
>
> My two cents.
>
> Martin Renvoize
> Software Engineer, PTFS Europe Ltd
> Content Management and Library Solutions
> Skype:
> Landline: 0203 286 8685
> Mobile: 07725985636
>
> http://www.ptfs-europe.com
>

> On 30 October 2013 05:57, akhlaq ahmed <akhlaqa at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>> I have some books with their analytic records in WinISIS and I want to
>> import them in koha and link all analytic record with their referenced book
>> record. please guide me.
>> Akhlaq Ahmed, New Delhi, India

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
and Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me
personally, send an e-mail first. I work off site)