[Koha] Access Koha database tables for Crystal Reports

Iming Chan imingchan at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 19 20:31:42 NZST 2013

Thank Greg and Jerry for your assistance.

My primary goal of using Crystal Report is to reuse a spine and book (dual)
label template that has worked well for us in the past (while using previous
ILMS).

I have found a way to use Crystal Report without resolving the ODBC
connection issue I had.

Koha's label generator can output selected (batched) items in CSV format.
After adding column names using MS Excel and then saved as CSV file format,
I am able to use Access/Excel connection protocol and pinpoint to the
specific file concerned within Crystal Report.  As I have modified the
report template with new field names, I simply "refresh" the report before
each printing.  Now the full call numbers (eg. REF 123.456789 ABCD) are
displayed as:

** On the spine label **

REF
123.
456
789
ABCD

** On the book label *

REF 123.456789 ABCD (like the example above).

Thank you again for your reply.

Regards,

Iming

-----