[Koha] How frequently to run zebra rebuild and what switches

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 04:24:17 NZST 2013

Hello everyone,

  Looking for some advice and recommendations.   For a fairly small library
running Koha 3.12.00.000 from the Debian squeeze packages, how often should
the zebra_rebuild.pl script be executed and with exactly which switches?
Right now I run it at 7:30 AM each morning with "-run-as-root -b -r -v"
(yes, I run it as ROOT).   The reason I ask is that by doing it this way,
when the Librarian enters new holdings they don't show up until the next
morning.can I run it more frequently, and if so what are people's
recommendations on how often?   I don't want the burden the server as the
rebuild seems to be somewhat resource intensive and for at least the final
part of the rebuild we get a "no results found" message when searching so I
don't want to rebuild too frequently.

Suggestions?

THANKS, as always!

Steve