[Koha] Koha reindexing - What to do now

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Tue Aug 20 13:30:20 NZST 2013

Hi everyone:

I re-indexed my Koha search using the following procedures:

1.  Run sudo -s

2. Export these variables:
    a. export
KOHA-CONF=/usr/local/koha/etc/koha-conf.xml
    b. export
PERL5LIB=/usr/local/koha/lib/

3.  Run
/usr/local/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -r -b -a

4. Everything went ok
without error.  I then went to the following directories and verified
they had new files:

/usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/authorities/register

/usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/biblios/register

New files were in this
directory but was showing the owner and group was root.  Since before
they were www-data:www-data I changed the ownership.

5. I restarted the zebra
daemons:

restart zebra daemon:
/etc/init.d/koha/zebra-daemon restart

restart zebra-queue
/etc/init.d/koha/zebraqueue-daemon restart

note:  not sure that the
zebra-queue was previous running.  Tried only doing the zebra-daemon
by itself also.

When I logged into the
website and tried a catalog search on "testing" and then on
"king"  I received this message for each search.  I know
"testing" worked before.

o Result found !
No results match your search
for “testing” in Livingston-Park County Public Library Catalog.
Does anyone know how the zebra-daemon loads these files:

usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/authorities/register

/usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/biblios/register
Thanks for any suggestions as I'm trying to decide what to do next to get this to work.