[Koha] How frequently to run zebra rebuild and what switches

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 06:49:45 NZST 2013

Hello Steven,

>   Looking for some advice and recommendations.   For a fairly small library

> running Koha 3.12.00.000 from the Debian squeeze packages, how often should
> the zebra_rebuild.pl script be executed and with exactly which switches?
> Right now I run it at 7:30 AM each morning with "-run-as-root -b -r
> -v"

I am quite surprised you need to do that since you say you installed from Debian packages. All the installations I have done through the Debian packages always have the zebra incremental indexing properly set in cron and it is usually set to run every 5 minutes. You can check your cron settings to make sure that this is properly set and enabled to run regularly.

I don't think you need to run it manually. That is as per my own experience.

Cheers

Olugbenga Adara