[Koha] Web Installer: authorities_normal_marc21 incorrect integer value & mysql 5.6 warning message on password

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Aug 15 06:14:10 NZST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Victor Pang <victorp at netmedia.com.sg>wrote:

> I just ran through Step 3 of Web Installer and I encountered this error in
> authorities_normal_marc21.sql:
>
> ERROR 1366 (HY000) at line 272: Incorrect integer value: '' for column
> 'linkid' at row 1
>
> and peeking into that file is this error SQL statement line:
>
> INSERT INTO `auth_subfield_structure` (`authtypecode`, `tagfield`,
> `tagsubfield`, `liblibrarian`, `libopac`, `repeatable`, `mandatory`, `tab`,
> `authorised_value`, `value_builder`, `seealso`, `isurl`, `hidden`,
> `linkid`,
> `kohafield`, `frameworkcode`) VALUES
>
> How do I correct this error? I am using MySQL 5.6.13 on Mac OS X 10.8.3.

It looks like MySQL on OS X ships with SQL_MODE set to include
STRICT_TRANS_TABLES.  Unfortunately -- and this is a problem -- Koha
currently doesn't support that mode.

As a workaround, I suggest using the procedure described in the following
blog post to set SQL_MODE to a more lenient level:

http://stanlemon.net/2013/03/23/mysql-strict-mode-on-os-x/

> Also, MySQL 5.6.x now warns users when you enter your password on the
> command line via "-p<password>" or "-p" and prompted:
>
> Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
>
> So I got all these warnings for every SQL files imported. In fact, when the
> Web Installer imports the database structure, it ended with the warning
> message and I couldn't continue without starting from Step 1 again.
> Luckily,
> the Web Installer knows when it stops and let me continue to set the basic
> default settings.

That should be cleaned up as well.  Would you mind filing a bug?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton