[Koha] Web Installer: authorities_normal_marc21 incorrect integer value & mysql 5.6 warning message on password

Victor Pang victorp at netmedia.com.sg
Thu Aug 15 05:55:16 NZST 2013

I just ran through Step 3 of Web Installer and I encountered this error in
authorities_normal_marc21.sql:

ERROR 1366 (HY000) at line 272: Incorrect integer value: '' for column
'linkid' at row 1

and peeking into that file is this error SQL statement line:

INSERT INTO `auth_subfield_structure` (`authtypecode`, `tagfield`,
`tagsubfield`, `liblibrarian`, `libopac`, `repeatable`, `mandatory`, `tab`,
`authorised_value`, `value_builder`, `seealso`, `isurl`, `hidden`, `linkid`,
`kohafield`, `frameworkcode`) VALUES

How do I correct this error? I am using MySQL 5.6.13 on Mac OS X 10.8.3.

Also, MySQL 5.6.x now warns users when you enter your password on the
command line via "-p<password>" or "-p" and prompted:

Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

So I got all these warnings for every SQL files imported. In fact, when the
Web Installer imports the database structure, it ended with the warning
message and I couldn't continue without starting from Step 1 again. Luckily,
the Web Installer knows when it stops and let me continue to set the basic
default settings.