[Koha] Some questions on importing authorities

Manos PETRIDIS egpetridis at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 04:22:17 NZST 2013

Thank you Ramiro, I wasn't aware of the possibility to use the staff interface!

I suppose it is done through "Home › Tools › Stage MARC records for import", or I should say I hope its is done so, because I tried reading the data file mentioned: the upload woked fine (100% uploaded in a few seconds). I then proceded to "Stage for import", that remained at 0% for quite a while, then ended sucessfully.
MARC staging results :
>293141 records in file
>0 records not staged because of MARC error
>293141 records staged
>Did not check for matches with existing records in catalog
>0 item records found and staged
From "Home › Tools › Manage staged MARC records" I can see that the records themselves seem to be properly formed and in Greek, so this covers my questions on both syntax and encoding.

I haven't encountered yet where is one to specify that they're authority records and not biblio ones. I expect that it occurs when one tries to import the staged records, in "Home › Tools › Manage staged MARC records › Batch XYZ" however no such option exists. I can select a framework to use/apply to the items I import, but no mention of authorities.

Could it be that I need to be at a relase later/greater than v3.08.16?

Best regards,
Manos Petridis