[Koha] Need Help in Koha Multiple instance

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 04:41:46 NZST 2013

Greetings,

I have not attempted multiple instances using the tarball method,
particularly on a debian server, so I can't really help you.

However, I think your problem is that your $KOHA_CONF points to the wrong
xml file.
$ echo $KOHA_CONF
If you change the value to point to koha1's or koha2's xml configuration
file, then that is the one that will get reindexed. That's my attempt at
answering your question.

I also want to point out an advantage of packages, which those older
instructions which you followed don't refer to, since they are prior to
3.4.x when packages became widely available.
"cd koha-3.02.01" is a major clue that those are old instructions.

If you installed Koha on Debian using packages following these instructions:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian

Then multiple instance creation and management is much easier by using the
commands provided by packages:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commands_provided_by_the_Debian_packages
Particularly in this case:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commands_provided_by_the_Debian_packages#koha-create