[Koha] Barcode - Gaps

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:41:32 NZDT 2012

Hi Yasan.

I want to know list of accession numbers/barcode that are not in the
> database. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Eg. I have barcodes 25, 26, 29, 30, 45, 49 .etc.  I want to list those
> numbers that are not used in the database, so that I could find the books
> to be entered in the database. In my earlier library software I had an
> option generate list of unused accession numbers. By this I will know those
> accession numbers are not in the database. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Can we generate a list like this in KOHA SQL Reports?****

My understanding is that you want a report that lists items where there is
no barcode for the record.

There is not a standard report in Koha to do this. However, it is possible
by creating your own custom report.

I'm not very familiar with creating Koha SQL reports.  Tools to help you
create a custom report:

   - Nicole has produced some videos on creating reports (some are for
   earlier versions, but they are still relevant):
   http://bywatersolutions.com/?cat=56&s=report
   - The manual has a great section on writing custom reports:
   http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/reports.html
   - The Koha database schema:
   http://schema.koha-community.org/index.html
   - The Koha SQL reports library:
   http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library

I would suggest you try and create a report using some of the above
material.

If you can't get a report to work properly - post it back to the list along
with the error message or problem, and the version of Koha you are using.
Someone more familiar with SQL reports maybe able to help you identify the
problem/point you in the right direction.

If you are really lucky someone may have already created such a report and
can share it with you.

David Nind | david.nind at gmail.com
PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
h. +64 4 9720 600 | m. +64 21 0537 847 | w. +64 4 8906 098