[Koha] Problems upgrading to 3.8

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Thu Oct 25 04:46:00 NZDT 2012


This is going sound pathetic, and stupid, but I'm in need of some guidance. It has been quite some time since I've tried to use koha.

I've been upgrading my koha from 3.00 towards 3.8 via the tarball method.

I was attempting to be good, and going in smallish steps so 3.00 to 3.02 to 3.04 to 3.06 and then to 3.8.

In between each upgrade I was trying a few searches to make sure that the books end of the db was intact and then backing up the DB.

After the 3.06 step it seemed to be working.

But, after the 3.8 step suddenly most of the books seem to have vanished.

I'd put it down to noticing in the upgrade notes some extra steps that I didn't see in the 3.6 or 3.4 notes (the ones about removing the duplicated item details). So I dropped the DB and reloaded the backup from the 3.6 step and tried without these steps.

I've also now tried the original backup too, without success.

I'm not sure at this point if it's the items that have vanished or the records too. Yes, I have run rebuild_zebra -b -r as the koha user (several times no luck).

So I suppose I'm looking for guidance on 
a) working out what is going on.
b) how to get normality back again.


More information about the Koha mailing list