[Koha] Troubleshooting Search Issue

Pamela Bidwell pamela.bidwell at usp.ac.fj
Fri Mar 23 18:12:26 NZDT 2012

Dear Cody,

Well, I'm not an expert, but this does sound like the same Zebra indexing issue we have been struggling with.

When you search in the Catalogue, do you get "No results found," but directly under that see the items listed under: "Biblios in reservoir."

If you run the same search in the OPAC, it says no results.

If that is what you get, see these FAQ:

FAQ title: My Zebra Indexing won't work! How do I fix it? (AKA: I search for stuff and nothing comes up! Help!)
http://koha-community.org/faq/zebra-indexing-wont-work-fix-it-aka-search-stuff-up-help/

See also:

FAQ title: I have added rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z in crontab, however, new entries are not indexed and cannot be found. I have to reindex everything each time with rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -r. What's wrong?
http://koha-community.org/faq/added-rebuild_zebra-pl-b-a-z-crontab-however-entries-indexed-found-reindex-time-rebuild_zebra-pl-b-a-r-whats-wrong/

That is our problem, we have to rebuild the index after any new records are added. I can find those records by inserting recent biblionumbers into a search result URL, but the records cannot be found by a keyword or title search until we rebuild Zebra.

We had to reinstall from scratch after our server died, and have had this problem ever since. I wonder how many others are still struggling with this...

Hope that helps.

Pam Bidwell, Lecturer Library/Information Studies
School of Education
The University of the South Pacific
Laucala Campus, Suva, FIJI
Tel. (679) 323 2829