[Koha] Troubleshooting Search Issue

Cody cojorgensen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:52:32 NZDT 2012

First of all, thanks to the community here, it has been an invaluable resource
in helping me to install koha, and in getting everything off the ground.

My problem exists in using the general search feature.  I have no problem
searching through the cataloging functions.  Zebra seems to be completely fine
working there, as it can do the Z39.50 searches, as well as search through my
uploaded MARC files.

The problem is, when I keyword or title search, or even barcode search through
the main Search function (url ending in search.pl), I continually get "No
Results Found".

The items exist when I pull them up manually by barcode for instance, as in the
checkin/checkout sections, or when I view the items attached to a MARC entry.

Obviously my problem isn't specific enough for anyone to give a specific answer.
 I'm wondering if given my abilities to search through the Catalog functions, if
anyone might be able to tell me where to begin searching out the solution to
this problem.  I guess I don't know enough about how search.pl works, to start
troubleshooting.

Specifically, I'm wondering if there are error logs that I might be able to
search through.  Zebra?  MySQL?  Apache?  (Apache just shows deprecated memcache
errors, but no errors regarding searches specifically).

Thank you!!