[Koha] Import patrons tool

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Dec 4 11:15:54 NZDT 2012

Thanks Cab, that's very helpful - it answered some of my questions
about the patron upload.
Elaine

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Cab Vinton <bibliwho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoops. I asked a similar question on the list 3 years ago & the
> answer is that fields will not be overwritten with null values as long
> as those columns are not included in the CSV file.
>
> So as long as you have the minimum fields required, the Patron Import
> tool can be used to update only select fields.
>
> Minimum fields = borrownumber or cardnumber + branchcode +
> categorycode + any fields marked as mandatory under the
> BorrowerMandatoryField global preference.
>
> Our plan is to update patron records with default userids & passwords
> & then send out an email encouraging folks to log in & take advantage
> of the various account features.
>
> Passwords will be something like last 6 digits of their library card number.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cab Vinton, Director
> Sanbornton Public Library
> Sanbornton, NH
>
> Life is short. Read fast!
>

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Cab Vinton <bibliwho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Am I correct in assuming that this tool can only be used for batch
>> updating of patron info if all of the existing info for each patron is
>> included in the CSV file to be uploaded?
>>
>> In other words, I can't simply provide the bare minimum info & then
>> whatever new info is desired because all of the blank field values
>> will overwrite the values in the corresponding fields in Koha.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Cab Vinton, Director
>> Sanbornton Public Library
>> Sanbornton, NH
>>
>> Life is short. Read fast!

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
and Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me
personally, send an e-mail first. I work off site)