[Koha] Import patrons tool

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:38:34 NZDT 2012

Whoops. I asked a similar question on the list 3 years ago & the
answer is that fields will not be overwritten with null values as long
as those columns are not included in the CSV file.

So as long as you have the minimum fields required, the Patron Import
tool can be used to update only select fields.

Minimum fields = borrownumber or cardnumber + branchcode +
categorycode + any fields marked as mandatory under the
BorrowerMandatoryField global preference.

Our plan is to update patron records with default userids & passwords
& then send out an email encouraging folks to log in & take advantage
of the various account features.

Passwords will be something like last 6 digits of their library card number.

Cheers,

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library
Sanbornton, NH