[Koha] A couple Koha acquisitions questions

Ann-Marie Breaux ABreaux at ybp.com
Tue Dec 4 09:47:10 NZDT 2012

Hi everyone,

YBP is a book wholesaler for academic libraries. We have several libraries now using Koha as their ILS. The acquisitions functionality seems a little light, and less integrated than we have with other systems. Could you confirm the following for me?

1.    Is there any EDI functionality in Koha yet? Can libraries send EDIFACT Orders and/or receive EDIFACT POAs or Invoices?

2.    If a library has placed an order in the book vendor's online system, is there any way to load that order information into Koha without rekeying? Some systems we work with can accept acquisitions data in 9xx MARC fields to populate into an order record automatically.

I've spoken with a couple support companies and reviewed the documentation on the Koha-community site, but don't see that these are possibilities.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Ann-Marie Breaux
Vice President, Academic Service Integration
YBP Library Services
Phone/fax: (678) 445-5720  vmail: (800) 258-3774 x3504
e-mail: abreaux at ybp.com<mailto:abreaux at ybp.com>