[Koha] Local call number

James Ghiorzi JGhiorzi at cosb.us
Thu Apr 19 10:05:58 NZST 2012

Dear Paula,

Usually we add the call number to the item record rather than the MARC Record.  In order to add a field to a MARC framework, you must log into the staff client with an account that has administration level privileges.  Than from the "home" page of the staff client either left click the Koha administration hyper-text link or left click the More Drop Down then left click administration.  Once you are at the administration home screen left click the MARC Bibliographic framework hyper-text link.  Than simply find the framework you would like to change/use and left click the MARC Structure hyper-text link.  A table of fields should appear; look for and left click the New Tag button should be near the top of the table.  Than simply fill out the fields as desired and left click the save changes button.  Now when ever you do Records using that template it should have the additional field.

I hope that helps,

James Ghiorzi
Library Assistant II
San Benito County Free Library