[Koha] Question about wiki instructions for installing Koha

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Mar 18 00:09:25 NZDT 2011

2011/3/17 Buster <storypage at gmail.com>

> Hi, all. This is my 4th attempt to install Koha on Ubuntu and I am being extra careful that I do it right. I'm using the wiki page at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu and am now at step 7 of the installation. I need to know what to do about the following command:
>
> GRANT ALL ON kohadata.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
>
> Do I just copy and paste this as-is, or do I enter different values for "root", "localhost", "password", etc?

Id follow the instructions that come bundled with Koha, the
INSTALL.ubuntu.lucid its updated for each release and because its in
the release goes through the QA process.
It says

grant all on <kohadatabasename>.* to '<kohadatabaseuser>'@'localhost'
identified by '<kohadatabaseuserpassword>';

Change the bits in <>

Or just install using the debian packages  for Koha

BTW what version of Koha are you installing?

Chris