[Koha] newbie: items from Follet export

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 22:16:14 NZST 2011

Nigel,

You have asked (what I think is) an easy question :)  Follet exports
item data in to fields that it understands - not Koha.  Koha needs to
have your item information in your 952 field.  So, using this guide:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.4/en/catguides.html#itemcatguide
you should be able to pluck data out of Follet fields and move (or
copy) them in to the 952 in Koha.  I use a tool called MarcEdit for
this.  It's free of cost, but not open source.  It allows you to do
batch editing of marc records before bringing them into Koha.

The Implementation Guide in the manual might also be of help to you:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.4/en/implementation.html

Thanks
Nicole C. Engard
Documentation Manager