[Koha] Guidance

Tim Bateson tim at monkeyx.net
Wed Jun 8 02:30:25 NZST 2011

Hi All,

I am a new Koha user, looking to get Koha 3.4 installed and integrated with
Active Directory for client access for a UK secondary school.

I have got Koha 3.4 installed and running on a Debian squeeze server. Is
version 3.4 the best version to use for a new install in a relatively small
school library?

We are behind a managed firewall so asked for relevant z39.50 ports to be
opened. Can anyone confirm if z39.50 uses udp or tcp (or both)?

I am also a little confused by whether I should have used the Koha community
or Liblime versions. I chose the community version as I am trying to promote
the use of open source in our school. Can anyone point me to what the
differences are between the community and Liblime versions?

In relation to LDAP integration for Active Directory is there any
documentation for how this can be done for version 3.4 I have found some
threads on the mailing list, but not found a definitive source for how to do
this.

Sorry for all the questions :)

Tim