[Koha] Global sign off day, 2011-06-15

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Wed Jun 8 02:16:14 NZST 2011

Dear all!

(And sorry for cross posting... At least a little bit ;-)

We had such great fun in Marseilles earlier this year, signing off
patches, that I have been wondering if it would be possible to
re-create some of that experience without incurring the costs of
travel. I broached the subject on IRC earlier today and after the
briefest and least democratic of processes, "we" decided to declare
15th June 2011 as a Global Sign Off Day:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Global_sign_off_day,_2011-06-15

The hope is that as many people as possible will be able to set aside
as much other work as possible on this day, and concentrate on signing
off patches, to reduce the queue of bugs that are currently waiting
for sign-off (66 at this moment:
http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&field0-0-0=cf_patch_status&query_format=advanced&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=needs%20signoff&order=bug_id&list_id=7042)

We will try to visualise and document the progress that is made, to
make it more fun and maybe even tickle the competitive instincts a
little bit... ;-)

And who knows, if this day is a success, maybe we could turn it into a
regular tradition? *

If you have not signed off on a patch before, now is the perfect time
to do it! The more the merrier! The process is outlined here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Sign_off_on_patches And there will
be people on IRC that you can ask for help and guidance!

Best regards,
Magnus Enger

* On the other hand, let's hope we can keep the queue as short as possible...