[Koha] Unable to search

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu May 6 00:10:17 NZST 2010

Hi Catherine,

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Catherine Chambers <
chambers.catherine at gmail.com> wrote:

> the only thing that i can see from here that might be amiss is that i
might have inadvertently started the zebraqueue daemon, when i type ps aux,
i get a couple of lines that say:

> koha      2577  0.0  0.0   2244   540 ?        Ss   09:41   0:00 daemon
--name=koha-zebra-ctl.mzunikoha --errlog=/var/log/koha/koha-zebradaemon.err
--stdout=
> koha      2582  0.0  2.4  32016 24876 ?        S    09:41   0:01 perl -I
/usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/zebraqueue_daemon.pl -f
/etc/koha/koha-conf.

> could they be anything to do with it or am i way off?

You should kill the zebraqueue daemon for starters. It has problems and is
currently not the recommended way to keep zebra indexed.

> When i ran rebuild_zebra with switches -b -a -z, it took approximately 1
second to return to the prompt. i tried running it with switches -b -a -r,
and it took much longer - about 10 minutes  and returned a few messages that
said something about not being able to find headings, and now when i try and
run rebuild_zebra with either -z or -r i get an error that says DBD driver
has not implemented the AutoCommit attribute at /usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm line
690. and immediately returns to the prompt.

Try running 'rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -r -v' and post any errors it throws.

Kind Regards,
Chris