[Koha] Switching to Koha unsupported

MJ Ray mjr at software.coop
Sat Jun 19 14:12:17 NZST 2010

Keogh, Matthew wrote:
> Koha seems to fit our purposes, but I would appreciate some idea of how
> feasible it would be to implement on our own - without using vendors
[...]
> I would be grateful if anyone could share their experience of setting up
> and using Koha unsupported.

I can't share an experience of that, but I'd like to point out that
Koha's pretty good in that you can give it a go and call in a
reasonably-priced Koha support cooperative in if/when you need more
assistance.  I feel it's not quite as good as if you get it set up by
us (but then I would say that, even if we have been doing setups for 7
or so years now) but we've done that sort of thing before (including a
big takeover earlier this year, which is why I've been quiet lately -
hopefully we'll all see the benefits soon) and we'll probably do it
again.

Hope that informs,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software