[Koha] Switching to Koha unsupported

Keogh, Matthew Matthew.Keogh at eht.nhs.uk
Sat Jun 19 02:36:37 NZST 2010

Dear all

I work in a small healthcare library, based in a general hospital in
west London with an expanding user-base and a diminishing budget.

We need a replacement for our aging DOS based library management system,
but can't afford a commercial solution.

Koha seems to fit our purposes, but I would appreciate some idea of how
feasible it would be to implement on our own - without using vendors
such as PTFS?

Two of us staff the library and we both have a reasonable level of IT
literacy. We also have a supportive hospital IT department.

I would be grateful if anyone could share their experience of setting up
and using Koha unsupported.

Many thanks for your help.

Matthew

Ealing Hospital Library