[Koha] circulation box -- impossible class?

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jun 17 09:09:02 NZST 2010

* Chris Cormack (chris at bigballofwax.co.nz) wrote:
>    Hi Kate
>
>    That is definitely bug and one that has been fixed, it now tells you what
>    the actual problem is with the borrower. When I get back in front of a
>    computer at work ill look up the patch for you.
>
>    Unfortunately Express is a very old version of koha now and misses many
>    new features and bug fixes, I'm not sure that it can be fixed without
>    access to the code. I will look at the code for you at work and hopefully
>    I can spot the condition that is causing it so we can up with a work
>    around.

Hi again

Here's what I found, in version 3.0.2 (which incidentally is from june 4
2009) the causes to block circulation are

If the barcode on the item doesnt match an item in the db
If the due date is invalid (ie it doesnt exist, or it is less than
today)
If the borrower has the Gone No address (GNA) flag set
If the borrower has the Lost card  (LOST) flag set
If the borrower has the Debarred flag set (DBARRED)
If the borrower has no exipiry date, or the expiry date is before today
If the borrower owes more than the set for the noissuescharge
If the borrower has finedays .. (there is an option to block a person
from borrowing for a certain period of time, rather than incur a
financial penalty)
The item is not for loan
The item is on loan and is not allowed any more renwals

Those seem to be all the conditions I can find .. .could any of them
been causing the problem?

Chris
--
Chris Cormack