[Koha] circulation box -- impossible class?

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Thu Jun 17 09:22:25 NZST 2010

Le 16/06/2010 23:09, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> * Chris Cormack (chris at bigballofwax.co.nz) wrote:
>>    Hi Kate
>>
>>    That is definitely bug and one that has been fixed, it now tells you what
>>    the actual problem is with the borrower. When I get back in front of a
>>    computer at work ill look up the patch for you.
>>
>>    Unfortunately Express is a very old version of koha now and misses many
>>    new features and bug fixes, I'm not sure that it can be fixed without
>>    access to the code. I will look at the code for you at work and hopefully
>>    I can spot the condition that is causing it so we can up with a work
>>    around.
>>
> Hi again
>
> Here's what I found, in version 3.0.2 (which incidentally is from june 4
> 2009) the causes to block circulation are
>
> If the barcode on the item doesnt match an item in the db
> If the due date is invalid (ie it doesnt exist, or it is less than
> today)
> If the borrower has the Gone No address (GNA) flag set
> If the borrower has the Lost card  (LOST) flag set
> If the borrower has the Debarred flag set (DBARRED)
> If the borrower has no exipiry date, or the expiry date is before today
> If the borrower owes more than the set for the noissuescharge
> If the borrower has finedays .. (there is an option to block a person
> from borrowing for a certain period of time, rather than incur a
> financial penalty)
> The item is not for loan
> The item is on loan and is not allowed any more renwals
>
> Those seem to be all the conditions I can find .. .could any of them
> been causing the problem?
>
> Chris
Well, some circulation warnings were not correctly displayed.
We fixed that for Univ_Lyon3.
And it is on our master branch on git.biblibre.com/koha_biblibre.git
along with many improvements on returns and holdings.
Since bugfixes are quite mixed with new features since they worked on
the same part of Koha : circulation, and 3.4 has to wait for 3.2.
So I have not sent that on list.
Hopes that helps though.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT