[Koha] Hello, 995 setup

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Sat Jul 17 03:54:36 NZST 2010

Dear Jan and all

At 15.51 16/07/2010, BERNON Jean wrote:

>Fixing a common use of 995 tag is a good idea but uneasy to do.
>Local fields are... local. I am not sure that there is ONE French
>setup for 995. Here is the University Lyon 3 setup for 995, very
>different from yours.

in fact Koha is very flexible on this problem.
All templates don't use marc fields/subfileds  but the SQL coloums.
So, with the liking between Koha and MySQL you can use the
fields/subfileds that you want, for the templates.

This is not tha same on XSLT views and indexes [i use code of 3.2,
because in fact you are on a 3.2 as I have undestand from BibLibre]

XSLT is based on marc subfield.
So if you have Biblionumber and biblioitemnumber are in 999, you have
also a personal version of
xslt/UNIMARCslim2OPACDetail.xsl and xslt/UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl.
The standard version use 090 with this instruction:
<xsl:variable name="biblionumber"
select="marc:datafield[@tag=090]/marc:subfield[@code='a']"/>

The standard indexes are

995$2           lost,lost:n,item
995$a           homebranch,Host-item,item
995$b           homebranch,Host-item,item
995$c           holdingbranch,Record-Source,item
995$d           holdingbranch,Record-Source,item
995$e      location,item
995$f           barcode,item
995$h           ccode,item
995$j           LC-card-number:s,item
995$k
Call-Number,Local-Classification,lcn,Call-Number:p,Local-Classification:p,lcn:p,item
995$s      popularity:n,popularity:s,item
995$n      onloan:d,onloan:n,onloan:s,onloan:w,item
995$u      Note,Note:p,item

Your defintion of 995$2 and 995$s are not coherent with the standard indexes

>2    Price            -> items.price
>s     CallNumSource     -> items.cn_source

In fact is not a problem you have a different configuration, you need
only to know it.

In fact my proposal doesn't want to be used as is.
I want only to setup a minumun tha has as many useful default as possible.

Others opinions on the topic ?

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli