[Koha] Hello, 995 setup

BERNON Jean jean.bernon at univ-lyon3.fr
Sat Jul 17 01:51:21 NZST 2010

Hi all,
My name is Jean Bernon. I am the director of a French university library, Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3. We are using Koha for circulation and catalog since April 2010. I shall send few messages to the list because my main job is not working with Koha. But an Italian librarian Zeno Tajoli sent a question about 995 setup in French libraries and asked for we reply on the general list. Here is my answer.

Hi Zeno,

Fixing a common use of 995 tag is a good idea but uneasy to do. Local fields are... local. I am not sure that there is ONE French setup for 995. Here is the University Lyon 3 setup for 995, very different from yours.

1     Fund

2     Price            -> items.price

3     DateLastSeen      -> items.datelastseen

4     IssuesNumber      -> items.issues

5     StatisticCode     -> items.statisticvalue

6     EntryDate         -> items.dateaccessioned

7     UpdateDate        -> items.timestamp

8     LastIssueDate     -> items.datelastborrowed

9     itemnumber        -> items.itemnumber

b     HomeBranch        -> items.homebranch

d     HoldingBranch     -> items.holdingbranch

f     BarCode           -> items.barcode

i     CallNumSuffix

j     Location          -> items.location

k     CallNum           -> items.itemcallnumber

l     CallNumPrefix     -> items.materials

n     DueDate           -> items.onloan

o     Availability      -> items.notforloan

r     LoanRule          -> items.itype

s     CallNumSource     -> items.cn_source

u     ItemNote          -> items.itemnotes

v     Damaged           -> items.damaged

w     Lost              -> items.itemlost

z     Withdrawn         -> items.wthdrawn

Biblionumber and biblioitemnumber are in 999 and not 099

We use a bibliographic ccode in 319 to limit searching by document type. 319 according to the format of the University national catalog SUDOC.

I like some of your fields : URI, bibliographic entry and update dates.

In order to be complete, I have to say that your proposal agrees with the history of 995 tag. French librarians from public libraries first used 995 to establish a common recommandation and you can have a look at the genuine recommandation<http://www.adbdp.asso.fr/spip.php?article674>

Bye

Jean Bernon

Université Jean Moulin Lyon3