[Koha] Koha page not accessible on other machines on the intranet

Greg Barniskis gregb at scls.lib.wi.us
Fri Jul 16 06:34:26 NZST 2010

If "http://FQDN" brings up Koha on the local system but the same does
not work on external systems, that sounds like an Apache configuration
problem. I would not recommend that you symlink anything until you
eliminate Apache configuration as the problem.

Did you follow the instructions in the INSTALL file for Debian about how
to set up the Apache configuration for Koha?

The typical configuration is for "http://FQDN/" to bring up the OPAC and
"http://FQDN:8080/" to bring up the staff intranet.

On 7/15/2010 12:11 PM, Mutsikiwa Admire wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have successfully installed koha  on Debian 5 and it is accessible only on
> the host machine when I type the FQDN on the browser on the host machine.
> However when I try to access the OPAC by typing
> http://FQDN/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl  it spits in the error logs the
> message " script not found or unable to stat : /usr/lib/cgi-bin/koha". And
> surely the file   /usr/lib/cgi-bin/koha does not exist. My koha is installed
> in /usr/share/koha. I know I could solve the problem by syslinking
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/koha to a target file/directoru but I cannot tell which
> one.
>

> Please assist.
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> Admire Mutsikiwa (Mr)