[Koha] Intoduction and Question

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sat Jan 30 17:58:01 NZDT 2010

Hi Rebecca,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Merhar, Rebecca <rmerhar at paloaltou.edu> wrote:

> Hi Koha list,
> I am a library assistant at Palo Alto University working on Processing. I
> have spent most of my time over the last few weeks fighting with Koha to
> print labels for us and we now have labels that are almost exactly what we
> want.

What version of Koha are you using?

However, I was wondering one thing: We would love to add the copy
> number of our books and DVDs (etc) to the labels but it looks funny to have
> just another number randomly on the spine label so it would be ideal to have
> the word "copy" before it. I have been trying to figure out how to add the
> "copy" using various codes (slashes, brackets around it, etc.) before it and
> haven't been able to make it work. Does anyone know how to add a word into
> the List Field under Biographical Data to Print under Label Layout?

I believe that it is typical to add notation such as c.2 after the
call number to indicate copy two and so on. If done in this manner,
Koha 3.0.x and above should split the number fine on spine labels.

Kind Regards,
Chris