[Koha] OPAC Public Lists

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Feb 18 09:32:00 NZDT 2010

Hi,

On Feb 17, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:

> 2010/2/18 Barbara Keef <bkeef at windham.lib.me.us>:
>> We are using LibLime Enterprise Koha.
>>
>> We've noticed that our public Lists in the OPAC only display title,
>> author, and date. Patrons (and staff) would find it helpful if we
>> could have 1 more nugget of info... either Call Number, Itemtype, or
>> Shelving Location... we know there are limits to what we can change
>> through LLEK... does anyone out there use LLEK and know how to change
>> the info displayed in OPAC Lists?
>>
> Hi Sally
>
> The sad thing for everyone in the Koha community is that because you
> are running a fork of Koha not actual Koha, it is pretty much
> impossible for us to help you :(
> We don't know what the code you are using actually looks like, nor
> whether any change we make to Koha would ever make it into LLEK.

Chris Cormack and Chris Nighswonger both raise good points, but I do want to add
one thing - while users of mainstream Koha are limited in our ability
to help you directly because of the divergence between mainstream Koha and LLEK,
I do want to say that users of LLEK should feel free to communicate with each
other via this mailing list to help each other out.  In other words, you're all
still welcome here!

Regards,

Galen
--