[Koha] biblio reloading & zebra reindexing

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 04:39:24 NZST 2010

> zebra_daemon (think of it as the index-keeper) needs to be running to
> receive a reindexing request.  I don't think zebraqueue_daemon would,
> but I could be wrong.

As far as I can understand, zebra-daemon just runs the zebraidx server
that serves as a front-end for our database. The zebraqueue script or
the cron job running rebuild_zebra is responsible of applying the
updates to the database.

What I think she's asking is if we need to shut
{zebra|zebraqueue}-daemon run while we do a full reindex of the
database (that done with the '-r' switch). Which I'm not sure :-D

To+