[Koha] biblio reloading & zebra reindexing

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Aug 25 04:33:49 NZST 2010

Linda Culberson wrote:
> Quick newbie question, folks.
> Do the zebra_daemon and/or zebraqueue_daemon need to be running or not
> when doing a reloading of the biblios ?  How about when reindexing them?
> Sorry, but I'm brain-dead today, and can use all the help I can get.
> Thanks!

It depends what exactly one means by "a reloading of the biblios" but
I'd expect zebra_daemon would need to be running.  zebraqueue_daemon
is deprecated in favour of the cronjob, but needs to be running if you
still use it.

zebra_daemon (think of it as the index-keeper) needs to be running to
receive a reindexing request.  I don't think zebraqueue_daemon would,
but I could be wrong.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software