[Koha] Seeking opinions on the OPAC MARC views

Kurt Bodling kbodling at mountvernon.org
Sat Aug 7 02:03:20 NZST 2010

As a librarian, I like being able to check the MARC coding of a record
(mine or that in other libraries).

But, also as a librarian, I would like to make this go away so that
fields I code as "hidden" are completely hidden, even from the prying
eyes of other librarians.  (So, for example, I could put rare book
acquisition information in the MARC record, but others couldn't see that
donor or purchase information.)

Either way, I don't believe that our patrons use that information at
all.

Too improve usability, it would be good if I could cut and paste from
that view. The expanded MARC view doesn't supply the tags necessary to,
um, 'borrow' other people's cataloging work.

Kurt
Mount Vernon