[Koha] Seeking opinions on the OPAC MARC views

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sat Aug 7 01:35:46 NZST 2010

If you have your OPAC XSLT option turned on, a standard installation
of Koha 3.x will have two options for viewing a title's MARC record
from the detail page: "MARC View" and "Expanded MARC View." See this
example on ByWater's demo:

http://catalog.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=363

If you click the "MARC View" link it pops up a modal window with a
plain text view of the MARC record.

Does your library use this view? From a public library perspective
this view doesn't seem useful. I'm interested in finding out whether
others find it useful and if there are ways we can improve the
usability of the option for all.

Thanks,

  Owen

--