[Koha] Display subtags by default when cataloguing

Nelson Fredsell nelson at cfce.org.za
Sun Sep 27 07:11:52 NZDT 2009

Dear all,
We're trying to make life easier for our catalogers.

When not using Z39.50 Search, we're using a biblio framework.  When a tag is
important we want subtags to be displayed automatically, i.e. we don't want
to have to click the Tag name in order to make the subtags display.  It
looks like we should assign a number in the Advanced Constraints | hidden
field, and have been referring to the manual for settings:
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/administration/catalog-administration/marc-bibliographic-frameworks.

It looks like zero (0) is the setting we would need, but this isn't working:
"0 => OPAC Intranet Editor !Collapsed"

Specific example: We want 260a, 260b, 260c to display.  245a and 245b
display, but 245x is set as mandatory in the framework.  We don't want 260x
to be mandatory.

Any suggestions?  Thanks very much,
Nelson

implementing a union catalog