[Koha] Authorities help

kdr at ckls.org kdr at ckls.org
Fri Sep 18 13:38:39 NZST 2009

Authorities are used to standardize the way information is displayed,
especially in relation to authors, subjects, series titles, etc.

This is not a Koha innovation, it is one of the standards of library
cataloging. An online version of the most widely used source in the U.S.
can be found at
http://authorities.loc.gov/

The Koha set up is somewhat clunky, but is at least a beginning in trying
to make things standardized. The first improvement I would suggest is the
ability to import LC authority headings into Koha...

Kathy

Kathleen D. Rippel
Pathfinder Central, manager
Central Kansas Library System