[Koha] Fixed asset management??

Lenora Oftedahl OFTL at critfc.org
Fri Sep 18 08:06:21 NZST 2009

Hi. Recently the Commission realized (after an audit finding) that they need better fixed asset management.  They would like to be able to check these items out to people to track them.

I mentioned that function sounds like a library and perhaps they could use Koha for this function.  The Finance Dept. would have a separate installation on a different server, but I don't see why they couldn't use the software.

What do you all think?  Is there anyone out there using Koha for capital item management beyond books?  Do you have artwork or cell phones described and checked out to staff?

Thanx.
Lenora

Lenora A. Oftedahl
StreamNet Regional Librarian
Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
http://www.fishlib.org